Primary Contact Information
3351 Fairfax Drive, MS 3B1
Arlington, Virginia 22201
Center for the Study of International Medical Policies and Practices (CSIMPP) provides a medical policy focus for the School of Public Policy (SPP) and facilitates interdisciplinary and international research and training activities within and outside George Mason University. CSIMPP houses the SPP's study of evidence based global medical and public health policies. The center has working relationships with the International Society of Microbial Resistance, the U.S. Medicine Institute for Health Studies, World Medical Association, and the American Astronautical Society. Research partners include the Institute of Space Medical Engineering of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China; and the Russian Federation and the Academy of Sciences Institute of Biomedical Problems, Moscow, Russia.
CSIMPP has created a learning environment for graduate students in SPP, the George Mason biodefense program, College of Health and Human Services and other organizations through its Global Medical and Health Policy sequence as part of certificate and concentration programs.
Areas of Research
- Evidence based medical policy formulation and translational health policy research
- Priority setting for scarce resource allocation for international health and medical programs
- Global policy issues in responding to emerging and reemerging diseases
- Medical disaster preparedness and continuity of operations
- Ethical policy formulation for the practice of medicine in extreme environments